Technical Pre-Sales Engineer, India
Transcelestial’s vision is to improve the connectivity experience for the next billion people. We believe that connectivity is a human right and Transcelestial is on a mission to solve the problem of internet distribution and provide affordable, high-speed internet to everyone.
Transcelestial’s next-generation wireless laser communication technology is one of the most effective solutions in the distribution of high-quality, high-speed internet connectivity, making it well-poised to solve civilization’s long-term communication needs - and ultimately improve connectivity for 1 billion users globally.
Highly reliable and secure, its light-weight, shoe-box sized CENTAURI device leverages its proprietary laser technology to create a wireless distribution network and can be quickly, easily and cost-effectively installed on any standard telecom pole or tower at a faster time-to-market than standard fiber-optic cable.
Over the longer-term, Transcelestial aims to develop a constellation of small satellites positioned in Low Earth Orbit, allowing their laser network to not only beam across cities but upwards to connect continents across the world too.
- Lean & Simple. Our products are simple to use, we focus on what matters, we solve issues one by one and we spend smart.
- Approachable. Whoever you are, wherever you come from, don’t be shy! The best ideas can come from anywhere in the organisation.
- Supportive. We are a bunch of smart individuals delivering at their best working in teams. If you face an issue, you can be sure someone will jump in and help you.
- End user obsessed. Customers and end users are at the core of everything we do.
- Relentless innovators. Our technology is at the forefront of innovation. We are curious, we question everything, we love research and are passionate about the next big thing.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Technical Pre-Sales Engineer, India
The role of a Technical Pre-Sales holds a critical position of being the technical domain expert with in- depth knowledge of Transcelestial's product offerings. You will work with the Sales Team to jointly engage, assess requirements, design and recommend solutions for our customers in response to their requirements. You may also be required to project manage the delivery and implementation of our solutions. You will report to Dinesh, who heads the Global Pre-sales team based in Singapore.
This role is to be based remotely in Delhi, India because of the need for local presence where most business accounts are located.
As Technical Pre-Sales Engineer, you will:
- Partner with Sales & Project teams, meet telecom operators, enterprise and government customers to support solutioning.
- Perform complex research and analysis of market, technology, standards, customer requirements and competitor trends for the development of CENTAURI Wireless Fibre Optics solutions using Total Cost of Ownership models.
- Organize and lead all pre-sales efforts, including technical discussions with customers.
- Present use cases, network characteristics, product features, dimensions based on customers’ behaviour and needs.
- Organize and lead all pre-sales efforts in RFPs, including tenders, presentations, consultations, and commercial proposals by proposing technical implementations with product information for total solution value including services, bill of materials and driving the network designs on tender.
- Work with partners and customers to manage the deployment of telecom key projects and pilots, including KPI discussions
- Support internal Engineering team in problem resolution, testbed setup and conduction of various testing for compatibility and protocols according to customer requirements
- Monitor customer support for deployed solutions, and alerting the sales teams to potential customer satisfaction threats or competitor activity
- Ensure coordination between Customer success, Post-sales and Sales team for implementation
- Ensure project management of pilots and initial rollouts with managed timelines together with Partners and End users Providing technical testing or support to customer on 4G/5G and L2/L3 networking and integration
- Lead the testing and benchmarking of the product and quantify its performance in different network configurations and scenarios
- Be the Pre-sales lead for mainly India as well as to help out with other geographies as and when requested
What you will bring:
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering and pre-sales, technical project management experience in wireless (cellular OR microwave) deployment OR transformation projects (Layer 1-3).
- More than 3 years of prior experience working with telecom operators OR in telecom vendors in a pre-sales or technical solutions role.
It is a bonus if you:
- Have Layer 1 OSI experience and a good understanding of the principles of operation of Layer 1 technologies (optical transceivers, microwave, ethernet, etc) and their limitations.
- Can demonstrate hands-on experience in project deployment with telecom operators and partners.
- Possess experience in developing the technical network proposals for RFPs and tenders.
- Prove capable of taking a determined and persuasive approach with full ownership of all pre-sales tasks.
- Are capable of explaining both hardware and software engineering solutions, to all levels of stakeholders.
- Have deep knowledge of MNO and ISP network architectures and technologies (PTN, MPLS, etc) and data networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP, routing and switching.
- Have solid understanding of key performance metrics and their implementation in MNO and ISP networks.
- Have worked in a multi-vendor environment and possess deep knowledge of network equipment from various vendors and their configurations.
- Have proven knowledge and application of networking systems and ability to troubleshoot installations and provide solutions to clients.
- Have working knowledge of Windows, Linux or Unix skills.
- Possess excellent communication and facilitation skills, such as delivering presentations and writing reports
- Have prior experience in managing multiple tasks with tight timelines.
Our Hiring Process and what to expect:
- 30min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners, so we can get to know each other better.
- 60 min Hiring Manager video interview, for us to understand your technical expertise and so you can understand the role and responsibilities and your future manager better.
- 60 min Team Fit video interview, with 2 team members to understand the role’s responsibilities, market potential and team dynamics better.
- 60min Team Lead video interview, with our Global Sales Lead, so you can understand the integration of your role in the Sales team and when you fit in the bigger picture.
- Offer - Congratulations on joining the team as our newest Celestial and we look forward to welcoming you!
What’s in it for you:
You should include in your application
Thank you for your interest in joining Transcelestial. We cannot wait to meet you!
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards including the SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, Forbes 30 Under 30 and Prestige 40 under 40 for our CTO Dr. Mohammad Danesh, Edge 35 Under 35 to our CEO Rohit Jha, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Kickstart Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and others.
Something looks off?