Software Engineer, Manufacturing
Transcelestial’s vision is to improve the connectivity experience for the next billion people. We believe that connectivity is a human right and Transcelestial is on a mission to solve the problem of internet distribution and provide affordable, high-speed internet to everyone.
Transcelestial’s next-generation wireless laser communication technology is one of the most effective solutions in the distribution of high-quality, high-speed internet connectivity, making it well-poised to solve civilization’s long-term communication needs - and ultimately improve connectivity for 1 billion users globally.
Highly reliable and secure, its light-weight, shoe-box sized CENTAURI device leverages its proprietary laser technology to create a wireless distribution network and can be quickly, easily and cost-effectively installed on any standard telecom pole or tower at a faster time-to-market than standard fiber-optic cable.
Over the longer-term, Transcelestial aims to develop a constellation of small satellites positioned in Low Earth Orbit, allowing their laser network to not only beam across cities but upwards to connect continents across the world too.
- Lean & Simple. Our products are simple to use, we focus on what matters, we solve issues one by one and we spend smart.
- Approachable. Whoever you are, wherever you come from, don’t be shy! The best ideas can come from anywhere in the organisation.
- Supportive. We are a bunch of smart individuals delivering at their best working in teams. If you face an issue, you can be sure someone will jump in and help you.
- End user obsessed. Customers and end users are at the core of everything we do.
- Relentless innovators. Our technology is at the forefront of innovation. We are curious, we question everything, we love research and are passionate about the next big thing.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Software Engineer, Manufacturing
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work closely with the manufacturing team and the CENTAURI software and hardware engineering teams to ensure that quality and throughput are maintained in device production and that quality and production metrics are captured and analysed.
This role reports to John, Head of Software, and you will join a high-performing team of engineers with diverse backgrounds and expertise to work on Transcelestial’s next generation of its CENTAURI product.
As Software Engineer, you will:
- Take ownership of software elements running on the manufacturing line
- Implement new features and maintain existing software
- Improve manufacturing data collection for better analytics
- Drive the improvement of the manufacturing software based on user input, feedback and data analytics
- Respond to urgent technical issues in a timely manner
What you will bring:
- Educational qualifications in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience in the field
- More than a year of work experience in technical programming roles.
It is a bonus if you are/have:
- Proficient with programming in either Java, Go, Python or C/C++
- Good knowledge of the Linux OS (any distro)
- Experience in working with hardware testing, debugging
- Working knowledge of Git required
- Experience developing tests (unit tests, integration tests, etc)
- Experience working with REST or gRPC APIs
- Experience working databases including NoSQL and/or RDBMS
- Exposure/experience building web UIs
- A team player with good interpersonal communication skills (ability to communicate ideas and designs to your peers)
- Ability to thrive working in a team of people from diverse backgrounds in a highly collaborative, time-sensitive environment
Our Hiring Process and what to expect:
- 30min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners, so we can get to know each other better
- 1-hour Coding round - conducted by a key member of the team to assess your technical skills
- 60min video/in-person interview with the Hiring Managers, so you can understand the role, team and company better.
- Offer - Congratulations and welcome onboard as a Celestial!
What’s in it for you:
You should include in your application
Thank you for your interest in joining Transcelestial. We cannot wait to meet you!
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards including the SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, Forbes 30 Under 30 and Prestige 40 under 40 for our CTO Dr. Mohammad Danesh, Edge 35 Under 35 to our CEO Rohit Jha, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Kickstart Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and others.
Something looks off?