Manufacturing Senior Software Engineer
Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, especially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Manufacturing Senior Software Engineer
Tranceslestial is developing the next generation of its CENTAURI product and needs a Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer to support the production of CENTAURI devices . You will be working closely with the manufacturing team and the CENTAURI software and hardware engineering teams to ensure that quality and throughput are maintained in device production and that quality and production metrics are captured and analysed. This will include responsibility for designing and developing automated manufacturing tests as well as data acquisition.
- Take ownership of software elements running on the manufacturing line
- Implement new features and maintain existing software with a focus on quality and automation
- Improve manufacturing data collection for better analytics
- Drive the improvement of the manufacturing software based on user input, feedback and data analytics
- Ability to respond to urgent manufacturing issues in a timely manner
- Create test documentation and build software prototypes.
- Interface with the hardware, mechanical, optics, electronics and software R&D teams to coordinate the validation and commissioning of new software
- Prepare reports of results and conclusions for management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be proficient in programming in Go
- Good knowledge of the Linux OS (Debian)
- Good knowledge of the integration of test platforms and industrial automation
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills (ability to communicate ideas and designs to your peers)
- Team oriented approach
- Ability to thrive working with a team of people from different backgrounds in a highly collaborative, time sensitive environment
- Experience in working with hardware testing, debugging preferred
- Working knowledge of Git required
- Experience developing tests (unit tests, integration tests, etc) preferred
- Experience working with REST or gRPC APIs preferred
- Experience working databases including NoSQL and/or RDBMS preferred
- Exposure/experience building web UIs preferred
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience in the field
- Work Experience: 5+ years in technical programming roles.
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application
Something looks off?