Senior Engineer, Software Development in Test
Transcelestial’s vision is to improve the connectivity experience for the next billion people. We believe that connectivity is a human right and Transcelestial is on a mission to solve the problem of internet distribution and provide affordable, high-speed internet to everyone.
Transcelestial’s next-generation wireless laser communication technology is one of the most effective solutions in the distribution of high-quality, high-speed internet connectivity, making it well-poised to solve civilization’s long-term communication needs - and ultimately improve connectivity for 1 billion users globally.
Highly reliable and secure, its light-weight, shoe-box sized CENTAURI device leverages its proprietary laser technology to create a wireless distribution network and can be quickly, easily and cost-effectively installed on any standard telecom pole or tower at a faster time-to-market than standard fiber-optic cable.
Over the longer-term, Transcelestial aims to develop a constellation of small satellites positioned in Low Earth Orbit, allowing their laser network to not only beam across cities but upwards to connect continents across the world too.
- Lean & Simple. Our products are simple to use, we focus on what matters, we solve issues one by one and we spend smart.
- Approachable. Whoever you are, wherever you come from, don’t be shy! The best ideas can come from anywhere in the organisation.
- Supportive. We are a bunch of smart individuals delivering at their best working in teams. If you face an issue, you can be sure someone will jump in and help you.
- End user obsessed. Customers and end users are at the core of everything we do.
- Relentless innovators. Our technology is at the forefront of innovation. We are curious, we question everything, we love research and are passionate about the next big thing.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Software Development Engineer in Test
Transcelestial is developing the next generation of its CENTAURI product and needs a SDET to help across the product lifecycle. This will require a high degree of collaboration with technical teams as you ensure our automated testing and quality tools, processes and methods are enabling us to deliver a secure world class product.
You will be working closely with the Platform, DevOps and Pointing, Acquisition Team Leads to implement automated controls along with testing, selection and implementation of appropriate technologies, tools and methods. You will help ensure testing and a quality first approach is embedded throughout the lifecycle and help build a quality culture within the organisation.
- Design, Develop and Deploy Automated Tests, Integration Tests.
- Collaborate closely with electrical, mechanical, software and manufacturing engineers across teams to ensure an optimal product for CENTAURI
- Build advanced automated test suites with focus on high availability and scalability.
- Design of test environments to ensure appropriate testing, test coverage and repeatability of testing
- Analyse business and system requirements and develop various test specifications which includes Functional Testing, System Integration Testing, and assist in User Acceptance Testing.
- Prepare product test plans and report on test results
- Design, execute and maintain test scripts and test artifacts.
- Report and document bugs/defects
- Perform defect management and test management for assigned projects.
- Perform the collection, collation, analysis of statistics related to testing, compile and share lessons learned.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5+ years experience in software testing roles designing, implementing and releasing applications
- Experience with automation of secure, scalable and available cloud, hybrid and on-prem based services with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) strongly preferred
- Exposure to containers, micro-services, workload templates and automation on different platforms
- Working knowledge of infrastructure design, including network, storage and compute layers
- Knowledge and experience across the full SDLC
- Demonstrated automated testing and quality assurance experience
- Exposure to development tools, frameworks and technologies such as:
- Docker containers, Terraform, use of vaults for secrets management
- SQL/NoSQL Databases e.g. PostgreSQL, Mongo, Firestore, CockroachDB, Timescale,
- Developing and deploying on Linux OS
- Relevant certifications
- Experience with Linux OS preferred
- Good communication skills and team oriented approach
- Ability to thrive working with a team of people from different backgrounds in a highly collaborative, time sensitive environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience in the field
- Work Experience: 5+ years in a similar technical role.
Our Hiring Process and what to expect:
- 30min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners, so we can get to know each other better
- 1-hour Coding round - conducted by a key member of the team to assess your technical skills
- 60min video/in-person interview with the Hiring Managers, so you can understand the role, team and company better.
- Offer - Congratulations and welcome onboard as a Celestial!
What’s in it for you:
You should include in your application
Thank you for your interest in joining Transcelestial. We cannot wait to meet you!
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards including the SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, Forbes 30 Under 30 and Prestige 40 under 40 for our CTO Dr. Mohammad Danesh, Edge 35 Under 35 to our CEO Rohit Jha, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Kickstart Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and others.
Something looks off?