Senior Software Engineer - Customer Engineering
Who we are
Tractable is an Artificial Intelligence company bringing the speed and insight of Applied AI to visual assessment. Trained on millions of data points, our AI-powered solutions connect everyone involved in insurance, repairs, and sales of homes and cars – helping people work faster and smarter, while reducing friction and waste.
Founded in 2014, Tractable is now the AI tool of choice for world-leading insurance and automotive companies. Our solutions unlock the potential of Applied AI to transform the whole recovery ecosystem, from assessing damage and accelerating claims and repairs to recycling parts. They help make response to recovery up to ten times faster – even after full-scale disasters like floods and hurricanes.
Tractable has a world-class culture, backed up by our team, making us a global employer of choice!
We're a diverse team, uniting individuals of over 40 different nationalities and from varied backgrounds, with machine learning researchers and motor engineers collaborating together on a daily basis. We empower each team member to have tangible impact and grow their own scope by intentionally building a culture centred around collaboration, transparency, autonomy and continuous learning.
What you will do
There’s around 70 of us in the engineering team and we play a key part in bringing our AI to life. We collaborate closely with the Research teams who are responsible for developing our core AI models, we then enable that AI capability to be deployed to real world problems by building out products using modern open-source technologies and best practices.
You will be working out how we can best help millions of people around the world recover faster from an accident. We’re proud to see our products have a massive impact on people daily… and we know this is just the beginning.
You will be joining the Customer Engineering team. Customer Engineering works directly with our business development, product and AI research teams to provide a comprehensive solution to our customers’ business problems. We work in a lean and multi-national team with members in Europe and Japan. We continuously learn how to best achieve our mission: we make the best of feedback and experiences brought in by everyone and we look forward to hearing about what you can bring.
- Lead and orchestrate cross-functional collaboration between AI researchers, product engineering teams, and business development stakeholders to drive innovation and strategic growth.
- Architect and implement sophisticated monitoring systems to proactively detect and resolve issues, optimize performance bottlenecks, and establish comprehensive metrics across our expansive service landscape.
- Demonstrate your seasoned coding expertise by developing advanced solutions on our platform to facilitate seamless onboarding and integration for new customers, leveraging your deep understanding of industry best practices.
- Take charge of streamlining and optimizing the end-to-end onboarding processes, collaborating closely with AI researchers and business teams to maximize efficiency and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Elevate the overall quality and reliability of our services through the implementation of rigorous testing methodologies, robust automation frameworks, and continuous improvement initiatives, enabling safe and efficient deployment at scale.
- Exhibit exceptional communication skills by regularly engaging with customers, providing clear and transparent updates on issue resolutions, and fostering strong client relationships to ensure their satisfaction and loyalty.
We're tech agnostic when hiring so you don't need experience with this stack to apply. Most of our team had no experience in this stack before joining us. If you are not familiar with this stack, then it's a great opportunity to join our team and learn new technologies (and we'll support with that).
- Serverless technologies (Lambda, SQS, Step Functions)
What you need to be successful
- Demonstrated track record of extensive experience and expertise in software development.
- Exceptional coding skills in object-oriented programming languages, particularly Python and/or Typescript.
- Deep understanding and practical knowledge of CI/CD best practices and proficiency in leveraging AWS cloud-native technologies.
- Extensive hands-on experience in working with REST protocols, developing web applications, architecting APIs, and managing relational databases.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate and convey complex ideas to diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to excel in an autonomous and dynamic environment, adapting quickly to evolving objectives and delivering high-quality results.
- Strong ownership mentality and self-drive, demonstrating an unwavering commitment from the initial line of code to the direct impact on end users.
- Successful track record of implementing and elevating coding standards and best practices within a mature codebase, optimizing efficiency and maintainability.
What’s in it for you
- Generous equity package
- 23 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Ability to work from abroad for up to 6 weeks/year
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Flexible hours and hybrid working
- Leave to support you when you need it, including sick pay, compassionate leave, or paid time-off to recharge after an intense work period
- Mental health and career coaching through Sanctus
- Free annual Headspace subscription
- L&D budget to use on Learnerbly (our learning platform)
- Meal vouchers
At Tractable, we are committed to building a diverse team and inclusive workplace where people’s varied backgrounds and experiences are valued and recognised.
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and offer equal opportunities without discrimination.