Shiok Meats is seeking to hire a Research Engineer, who will work closely with Bioprocess Engineers, to carry out small scale process development & optimisation experiments, perform data analysis and assist with bioreactor scale-up for cultivated meats across a variety of species.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Preferably at least 1-2 years of relevant working experience
- Familiar with bioprocessing and production equipment
- Proficient both in oral and written communication.
- Good understanding of engineering/ scientific experiments, tests, and data collection protocols
- Able to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings
- Able to design, organize, and coordinate scientific and/or engineering research projects.
- Procurement, installation, operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, especially for cell culture and bioreactor systems
- Key role in operation of laboratory scale bioreactor systems for suspension/adherent cell culture, bioreactor operation and small-scale experiments to support process setup.
- Experimental design for optimization upstream process parameters
- Assist Technology transfer of manufacturing process to mid-scale bioreactors
- Be part of the Process development team, by setting up process parameters and development pipelines for various species
- Ability to follow protocols and batch records and provide technical input
- Follow health and safety procedures and implement paperwork as required
- Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Must be forward-thinking
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate initiative and pro-active approach
- Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records
- Have strong communication skills including verbal and written (English)
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.