Junior Process Engineer (Technology Transfer)
Shiok Meats is hiring for a Junior Process Engineer (Technology Transfer) who will carry out mini- R&D plant activities, troubleshoot process-related issues and support tech transfer from R&D scale to mid-scale bioreactor systems. This position will be responsible for execution of day-to-day bioproduction tasks such as cell culture, bioreactor runs and data analysis to evaluate process parameters.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering/Life Sciences
- Preferably at least 1-2 years of relevant working experience
- Experience working in food or pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Proficient both in oral and written communication (English).
- Experience with in vitro cell culture
- Able to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings
- Ability to follow protocols, batch records and provide technical input
- Able to design, organize, and coordinate scientific and/or engineering research projects.
- Experience working in a GMP compliant facility
- Execute basic plant operations and specific activities as required during production runs
- Carry out plant setup activities (incl. cleaning, configuration and equipment dismantling) along with basic troubleshooting for plant issues
- Monitor and analyse processing parameters for atypical trends and initiate resolution of issues related to daily operations
- Actively support transfer of new processes, commissioning/validation of equipment, basic housekeeping and audits
- Key role in operation of mid-scale bioreactor systems for suspension/adherent cell culture at technology transfer facility
- Responsible for completing tasks which may be preparation of equipment, cleaning, sterilization, preparation of solutions, monitoring, acquiring raw materials etc
- Be part of the scale up team by coordinating with process development and food technology team
- Support continuous process improvement
- Update SOPs and other manufacturing documents
- Follow health and safety procedures and implement paperwork as required
- Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Must be forward-thinking
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate initiative and pro-active approach
- Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.