Tech Lead Software and Devops-Remote SEA
Who we are?
SensorFlow makes smart buildings a reality. We are on a mission to make every building more productive, energy-efficient, and sustainable by automating decision-making and delivering actionable insights to our customers. SensorFlow has already helped brands like Ascott, Accor and Hyatt save up to 30% on their energy costs and improved the productivity of their front-line and back-office teams by providing actionable insights into their operations.
If you’re seeking challenges that will push you to be the best version of yourself, then you are at the right place. You will have fun as we work towards making every building more productive, energy efficient, and sustainable.
About the role:
SensorFlow is looking for an experienced Software Technical leader who is passionate about building reliable, scalable and well tested software across a full IoT stack. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced startup environment where you will work with cross-functional teams to ideate, build, and launch products that are aligned with the company’s vision and mission.
As the Technical Leader of the Software engineering team, you will be responsible for leading and developing solutions with the team of engineers, and for driving long term technical initiatives that support our business growth.
- Technically lead a team of software engineers and provide technical direction on complex projects
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to resolve dependencies through the development of new products and features
- Design, develop and implement scalable, robust, and efficient software systems for IoT devices, gateways and web dashboards
- Mentor and train team members on new technologies and best practices of Software development
- Collaborate with the product team to define and prioritize project goals and objectives
- Ensure that software delivery is on time and meets quality standards
- Act as the technical point of contact for the company and maintain technical relationships with key stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends in the IoT space
- Build a culture that encourages everyone to ask challenging questions, pose objections and voice their concerns in order to build a better product
- Be transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes
- Manage technical roadmap and team priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Identify risks and inform leadership, work towards developing contingency plans to mitigate them
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in software development and technical leadership
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality software products and managing cross-functional teams
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- System design and architecture knowledge, across technologies such as React JS, Postgres, GraphQL and Java
- Experience working with LoRa modules on Raspberry Pi would be advantageous
- Experience in setting up and maintaining automated testing & delivery workflows
- Experience working with Docker containers and Linux platform, knowledge on AWS would be a bonus
- You should be very comfortable in the following CS concepts:
- Networking and Distributed systems
- You take great pride in writing well tested production ready code and you are not new to the following concepts:
- Automated end to end testing
- Production parallel testing
- Canary testing
- Integration testing across hardware and software stacks
If you are passionate about technology and have a proven track record of leading successful software development teams, we would love to hear from you.
What is it like working at Sensorflow?
At SensorFlow, we’re made up of dreamers, achievers, and visionaries whose passion and belief in a greater cause drive us to do more and push the boundaries of innovation every day. If you want to work with fun-loving and diverse personalities in an environment that prioritizes your learning, development, and autonomy, then SensorFlow is the perfect place for you. We also have amazing benefits that include a generous annual leaves, medical coverage, birthday leave, fitness benefits, and Flexi benefits.