At Sense Street, we are developing natural language understanding systems for capital markets. Our premise is simple: markets are conversations, and we aim to help investment banks and asset managers have better, more efficient conversations.
Through our partnerships with global banks, we have access to datasets that have not been made available in the past. This allows us to create language models uniquely suited to capital markets while advancing the state-of-the-art. We are a venture backed company founded by professionals with experience spanning machine learning, trading, and quantitative research.
As a member of the Data Science team, you will be working hand in hand with machine learning researchers, engineers, linguists and domain experts. You will have the opportunity to build annotated corpora to solve challenging problems while learning about the functioning of capital markets.
- Analyse and annotate complex conversations following specific guidelines.
- Evaluate the quality of annotations and ensure that they are consistent.
- Provide feedback on the coherence of annotation guidelines.
- Professional working proficiency in English is a must.
- Understanding of at least one of the following languages: German, Italian, French, Spanish.
- Available for a minimum of 25 hours per week, full-time possible.
Nice to have:
- Previous annotation experience.
- Previous work with financial texts or capital markets.
- Understanding of Japanese or Scandinavian languages.
- Have good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Are proactive and self-motivated.
- Are willing to learn new things.
- Cooperate well with other professionals of different backgrounds.
- See the inherent value in a respectful and diverse workplace.
- Undergraduates and graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Initial contract for 3 months with office-based work.
- Possibility to work in an international, fast developing start-up company.
- Comprehensive training in financial markets with focus on trading.
- Highly skilled team, flat hierarchy and opportunities for mentorship.
- Flexible working, possibility to adjust working hours to your schedule.
- Private health insurance after probation period.