Sales Development Representative (Remote)
Portcast is a venture-backed startup which predicts global trade flows to help logistics and shipping companies become more profitable. We are a predictive analytics company that offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be empowered to sell our AI-product to C-level executives. We are customer-obsessed and are constantly working to provide our customers access to actionable and insightful data to build resilient supply chains.
Headquartered in Singapore and supported by prominent VCs and industry advisors, Portcast is a team of enthusiastic tech and industry experts committed to reshaping the logistics and shipping landscape.
About the Role:
We are seeking a results-driven Sales Development Representative (SDR) with a strong background in lead generation within the B2B SaaS environment. As the first and only SDR, your primary responsibility will be to drive top-of-funnel growth by identifying and nurturing potential customers. You will take owership in expanding our customer base globally through strategic lead generation efforts, leveraging your skills to engage prospects and set the stage for successful sales conversions.
What You Will Do:
· Design, develop and execute a robust outbound lead generation strategy to expand the company's customer base and establish a strong market presence.
· Conduct thorough research to identify potential B2B leads, leveraging various sources including online research, industry events, social media, and networking.
· Craft compelling outbound messages and communications to engage prospects and convert to customers.
· Qualify leads through effective communication, understanding their pain points, challenges, and needs.
· Nurture leads through strategic follow-ups, providing relevant information and insights to move them closer to conversion.
· Collaborate closely with the Sales Manager to ensure a seamless handover of qualified leads for further engagement and a smooth transition from lead to customer, facilitating successful sales conversions.
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of lead interactions and activities.
· Continuously monitor, assess, and report to leadership the effectiveness of outbound lead generation strategies, making data-driven adjustments as needed.
· Provide insights and feedback to marketing and product teams to refine messaging and positioning based on prospect interactions.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related discipline.
· At least 3+ yrs of lead generation experience within the B2B SaaS environment, with a focus on outbound prospecting.
· Results-oriented mindset with the drive to achieve and exceed sales targets.
· Prior experience demonstrating ownership and initiative in taking charge of lead qualification and nurturing processes.
· Proven adaptability and resilience in a dynamic and evolving startup environment.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and build rapport with prospects.
· Experience in making data driven decisions and conducting thorough research to drive lead generation & prospecting efforts.
· Ability to wear similar hats and collaborate effectively across various departments.
· Previous experience in the AI/ML, data, logistics, shipping, or related industries is good to have.
You will be given very high levels of ownership and will be able to see the impact of your work on the customers as well as the company financials in a very direct way.
If you are a proactive and motivated individual with a passion for lead generation and a desire to contribute to the growth of a cutting-edge startup, we’d love to hear from you!