Sales - Account Executive
Portcast is a venture-backed startup which predicts global trade flows to help logistics and shipping companies become more profitable. We are a predictive analytics company that offers a fast-paced, innovative environment
where you will be empowered to sell our AI-product to C-level executives. We are customer-obsessed and are constantly working to provide our customers access to actionable and insightful data to build resilient supply chains.
Based in Singapore, and backed by leading VCs and senior industry advisors, Portcast is a team of young tech and industry talent building a game-changing product for the logistics and shipping industry.
About the role:
We are looking for a driven, customer-centric, innovative and results-oriented Sales Executive based in APAC with a proven track record of end-to-end B2B SaaS sales experience from lead gen to closing. In this business-critical leadership role, you will create predictable sales growth and help us reach our goals through building and converting our pipeline of global customers.
What success looks like in this role:
• We consistently meet or exceed the company’s quarterly and annual sales goals through your ambitious approach in Sales
• A consistent and growing stream of clients opting for paid trials and subsequently becoming customers
• Our customer journey is frictionless and customers are promoters and advocates
• Design and implement a strategic lead gen & sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
• Manage end-to-end sales from lead generation, qualification, customer research and demo meetings to closing
SaaS contracts with senior executives in B2B companies
• Hunt for new customers and expanding relationships with existing customers (using your network / connections, as well as hustle for new business leads)
• Actively grow pipeline including planning and forecasting of sales for your targets
• Work closely with marketing and product teams to help define sales assets and product improvements.
• Work closely with Customer Ops teams to coordinate account activities that aid in developing opportunities and closing sales
• Present weekly updates on sales metrics and projections, pipeline, hurdles and support needs, product improvement inputs
To thrive in this role, you must have:
• Extensive sales and account management experience with a proven track record in SaaS B2B Sales
• Proven success rate at levels above quotas
• Solid experience in creating and implementing a sales plan & process with an ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environments
• Experience as a player-coach and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to own your quota and lead by example
• Experience pitching to senior executives of large enterprises with the agility and stamina to manage complex sales cycles
•Exceptional presentation and communication skills with a savviness in negotiation and closing deals
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Experience selling solutions into the logistics and shipping industry, and manufacturing brands