Space Facilities Manager
Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before - ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Operations Team
The Operations team is responsible for planning and delivery of our space missions and data & insights service projects on time, within budget and to the right quality. You will work closely with colleagues from mission management, supply chain and procurement, and other quality and product assurance engineers, to achieve mission success through ensuring we have the right equipment and facilities to get us there!
The Operations team is the backbone of the delivery of the company mission and works closely with the Technology, the Growth and the Finance teams.
What will you be doing?
As space facilities manager at Open Cosmos you will be in charge of operating our facilities to enable the delivery of our services to customers, and owning the following activities, among others:
Ensuring the building remains fit for purpose, identify improvements and future needs
Manage all necessary regulatory requirements and permits, ensuring compliance with industry standards, health and safety and other applicable regulations
Schedule and oversee regular maintenance activities and coordinate with suppliers to ensure minimal downtime.
Operate specialised technical machinery, such as thermal ovens, vibration tables, thermal-vacuum chambers, and other equipment required for satellite assembly and testing.
Maintain accurate stock and inventory records, ensuring that all necessary supplies and materials are readily available.
Work closely with the Quality and Product assurance and the AIT teams
What you need to be successful
- You’ll be capable of managing highly technical facilities in the aerospace sector with a hands on approach
- You’ll be well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- You’ll have applied knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and industry standards
- You’ll be communicating a lot so the ability to bring stakeholders on the journey in a co-ordinated, organised approach is a must! A pro active approach to work with the Aability to operate autonomously, self-directed and self-motivate
- Use a combination of logic, analysis and past experiences to solve problems effectively