Quality & Product Assurance Engineer
Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before - ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Operations Team
The Operations team is responsible for planning and delivery of our space mission and data&insights service projects on time, within budget and to the right quality. You will work closely with colleagues from mission management, supply chain and procurement, and other quality and product assurance engineers, to achieve mission success!
The Operations team is the backbone of the delivery of the company mission and works closely with the Technology, the Growth and the Finance teams.
What will you be doing?
As quality and product assurance engineer at Open Cosmos you will drive the whole lifecycle of process creation and improvement to develop and produce space hardware and software for the high performance Open Cosmos space missions.
As QPA engineer you will also have a direct impact in the production and supply chain aspects and will support the industrialisation of the new generation of small satellites.
You will work with multiple internal and external stakeholders, establishing cross-department processes and synergies.
We are looking for a technical, hands on and pragmatic person that is passionate about continuous improvement and pushing the boundaries, and shares our values and vision.
What you need to be successful
- Strong, knowledge of quality management systems applied to the space sector
- Knowledge of how to apply ECSS standards and ISO9001 practically
- Able to identify and take quantified risks and make decisions in a fast-changing environment so we can satisfy the customer needs
- Strong communication skills and capability in managing other people, ensuring high motivation levels of the team and leveraging their performance to deliver
- A pro active approach to work with the ability to operate autonomously, self-directed and self-motivate
- Able to use a combination of logic, analysis and past experiences to solve problems effectively