Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before - ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Finance Team
The Finance Team is responsible for putting in place appropriate systems and processes to keep the business financially sustainable and legally compliant. Right now, the finance team is focussed on delivering continuous improvement to drive business value as we gear for growth.
The finance team have derived objectives in respect of funding, people, systems, technology, outputs and engagement.
What will you be doing?
This is very much a hands-on operational role within the lean, value adding finance team.
Primarily, you will support the finance function through efficient and accurate entry and maintenance of bookkeeping records, in a paperless setting, for the international group with a focus on the activities for the Portuguese entity. You’ll prepare weekly payment runs, dealing with multiple currencies and bank accounts. You’ll effectively business partner with the wider finance team and key stakeholders to support the delivery of timely financial insights and meet reporting obligations. You’ll also have the opportunity to engage and contribute as we evaluate and innovate to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our finance systems.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take their first step into a career in finance!
What you need to be successful
The role requires accuracy, timely delivery and communication and lots of enthusiasm!
- You’ll have a good practical knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting concepts
- You’ll demonstrate excellent organisational skills and have the ability to prioritise and deliver
- As we operate in a paperless setting and on a remote first basis, you’ll be keen to innovate and employ your strong IT skills
- You’ll have a keen eye for detail and you’ll be proactive in your approach to problem solving
- You’ll have a good appreciation of working in a value adding team to deliver shared objectives
What we offer:
- 25 Days holiday in addition to national holidays.
- Team members can enjoy, income protection and death in service benefits enhanced parental leave.
- Having a successful team makes a successful company. We're at the forefront of technology so learning and building an enabling career for you is central to OC!