Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond!
At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before - ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Avionics Team
The avionics team is responsible for the flight software and hardware of the satellite alongside the relevant ground station equipment.
The avionics team is also responsible for any technical support required of the skill sets within on board software, power, digital electronics and RF. This support is required for example to the production and flight operation teams as well as support to bids, contracts and customers and partners developing technology or services.
The team’s objective is to gradually enhance the Open Cosmos satellite functionalities via new or improved existing developments.
What you will be doing:
- Participate in on board FPGA code and software design, development, implementation and testing, on ground and in orbit, from concept to end of life in orbit.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the teams to get from 0 to end of life in the lifecycle of any space mission.
- Intelligently make use of all resources within the satellite, such as: AI data processing, network optimisation, power usage optimisation, and advanced recovery scenarios.
- Deliver the FPGA Code and on board software developments required for the space missions, including ground support equipment.
What you need to be successful:
- Demonstrates clear, concise communication skills, listening effectively, getting to the core of messages and responding appropriately.
- Ability to work as part of a software team where it is important your work can be understood by other team members.
- Applied knowledge of agile and V model methodologies from requirements definition to full verification and validation.
- Capability to write software in compiled languages such as C, C++ pr Rust".
Benefits of working at Open Cosmos
Open Cosmos offers great flexibility with remote work possible as well as provision of office space to enable hybrid, fully remote or office work.
All teams at OC work as one, regardless of where they are and monthly in person gatherings are organised in order to enable everyone to get to know each other.