Business Development Manager - Satellite Imagery & Insights
Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before - ready for the challenge? Then read on…
The Growth team acts as the powerhouse of the company, ensuring the immediate and future needs of the customers are swiftly met and are translated into a product roadmap and deliverable projects.
Each member of the team combines a mix of programmatic, system engineering, and commercial skills in order to build and maintain existing business relationships.
Within this team, the Data & Insights Business team is responsible for securing revenue for satellite imagery and insights.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for identifying leads, engaging potential clients in order to secure satellite imagery and insights contracts, and seeing them through to go/no go status. Working closely with the Proposal Manager to ensure successful submission, negotiation, contract signing and hand-over.
You will attend external events to identify new leads, maintain partnerships as well as contributing to the commercial and product strategy of the company.
You will be starting by focusing on the UK ecosystem
What you need to be successful
- Satellite imagery and insights: strong commercial knowledge of satellite imagery, the ecosystem, the associated data platform. Knowledge of applications related to the associated satellite imagery required.
- Business development and sales: proven track-record of securing satellite imagery and insights deals.
- Knowledge of the UK ecosystem: good knowledge of the key stakeholders in the UK including a recognised network
- Negotiation: ability to listen actively, be concise and convince
- Engaging: ability to engage with new and existing stakeholders, create and maintain relationships
- Organised: able to keep track of interactions and report in concise managers as to the status of opportunities
What we offer:
- Prefer to mostly WFH, that's fine! Need to take 30 mins at 3pm to get the kids from school? Go ahead!
We're more interested in your contributions than when and where you're working.
- 25 Days holiday in addition to national holidays.
- Team members can enjoy Medicash, income protection and death in service benefits.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Having a successful team makes a successful company. We're at the forefront of technology so learning and building an enabling career for you is central to OC!