Flight Team Intern
**This is an internship for 6 months to start ASAP**
Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before - ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Flight Team
The Flight Team is responsible for planning and executing spacecraft operations of our satellites in orbit. We get to fight against the challenging space environment to keep our satellites safe and use inflight experience to constantly improve the upcoming missions.
What will you be doing?
You will be safeguarding our in-orbit satellites, resolving anomalies, carrying out performance analyses, generating new operational procedures and automating operations.
This involves tasks such as:
- Planning and scheduling satellite operations
- Execution of real time satellite operations
- Satellite performance analysis
- Operations automation
- Generating operational procedures for current and upcoming missions
- Supporting the upcoming missions test campaigns
What you need to be successful
- You will need to have some familiarity with space mission operations and good knowledge of the satellite subsystems
- You’ll be automating processes, so be ready to write some code
- You will be dealing with critical systems and every action must be planned, tested and executed meticulously
- You will be facing new challenges every day, so be eager to resolve those within a team
- Interaction with different stakeholders is key, so be confident in speaking, listening and writing, sometimes within large groups including customers.
- Our Company operates in a dynamic environment, so be ready to adapt to change and learn quickly.