Data Services Project Manager
This position is open in UK, Spain and Portugal
Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before - ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Operations team
The Operations team drives the delivery of our space mission services, connecting the technologies developed in house by the Tech team, the requirements from our customers and the tools and support of external key partners and suppliers.
What will you be doing?
At Open Cosmos our goal is to offer, through our platform EO (Earth observation) data, IoT data, and other data types with both temporal and spatial components. Through applications, our customers are able to extract valuable insights from the data right from the online platform.
You will be leading the delivery of Open Cosmos space data service projects, in time and within the project budget, managing the whole project lifecycle. From capturing customer drivers and requirements to planning the successful project execution by defining timelines, allocating resources, identifying risks and using Open Cosmos’ and partners' satellite imagery, our data platform and services to satisfy customer expectations. You will enable customers to derive as much value as possible from our services and help them solve challenges that have an impact on Earth, and you will work with partners that build added-value applications on top of satellite-sourced data.
What you need to be successful
We’re more interested in what you can do than being dogmatic about your background! We’d love to take a look at your CV even if you’re not sure you tick all the boxes.
- You'll have strong, practical knowledge of project management and how it applies to satellite data imagery and information projects
- A technical background based on products that can directly relate to geospatial information systems, remote sensing and satellite imaging
- Be comfortable working in a small company with big ambitions and constrained resources
- You’ll be able to identify and take quantified risks and make decisions in a fast-changing environment so we can satisfy the customer needs
- Be a team player and an enabler, comfortably managing other people and external stakeholders
- Foresee events and issues and find efficient solutions that are aligned with the company values and vision.