"If you've ever built a company you know Omnea is solving a critical pain point. This could be an entirely new category in enterprise SaaS.”
- Claire Hughes Johnson, Ex-COO, Stripe
Omnea named top 10 SaaS companies in the UK to watch 2022 by Beauhurst.
We're looking for a software engineer to join our early engineering team & help build Omnea with us. Our team has built & shipped products to hundreds of thousands of users before, at both start-ups as well as more established companies like Freetrade, Cazoo, and Passfort.
We're building a platform for the world's most renowned tech companies who need to transform how they buy stuff, so people get the tools & services they need to be productive. Our product must be enterprise-ready from day 1 whilst being delightful to use. The challenge is not an easy one!
As an early team member, you will have the chance to shape what we build and how we build it. We're moving fast and want people who are hungry to jump in and code, learn, and ship in equal measure.
What Can You Expect?
You’ll help influence the product direction. You should expect to spend time understanding customer needs and making prioritisation decisions regarding both the short- and long-term roadmap.
You’ll build a beautiful SaaS application using React & GraphQL from scratch to deploy to tens of thousands of users in a matter of months. You’ll need to write a lot of code. You’ll get your hands dirty with coding, technical architecture, infrastructure, DevOps, and everything in between. More on our tech stack below.
You’ll be as exposed as you choose to be to the people operations side of things, such as hiring & onboarding early team members, as well as defining the culture of the company.
Being part of the early Omnea team and going after this multi-billion dollar problem space is the ideal opportunity for anyone looking to get in at the very start of something huge.
Omnea is a long awaited disruption in a critical problem space. Their focus on quality product design and engineering, combined with a gigantic market opportunity, makes this an amazing career choice.
Omnea is using some of the most cutting-edge tech in the market to build a scalable product while innovating at the speed their users want. Delighted to be partnering with them on their journey to solve a billion dollar problem!
Omnea’s vision is as exciting as it is challenging. This is an incredibly unique opportunity for ambitious engineers who want to have an outsized impact at the start of something big.
If you've ever built a company you know Omnea is solving a critical pain point. This could be an entirely new category in enterprise SaaS.
Claire Hughes Johnson
- You’re experienced (5+ years) with building full-stack web apps having designed and implemented features from start to finish using Typescript and AWS.
- You focus on high impact. You've lead the engineering of critical systems before, working with best-in-class tooling in AWS, IaaC, observability and quality assessments. You want to discover the best ways to bring this to an early-stage startup.
- You know best practice. You understand what it takes to build highly reliable & well architected products. You build with quality, observability & redundancy at the forefront.
- You’re ready to get a lot done. You enjoy all aspects of building a product and are comfortable moving across the stack when necessary. You problem solve independently and enjoy figuring stuff out. You’re ready to pick up new skills and build quickly
- You’re someone who craves ownership. Maybe you find yourself gravitating towards the meatier engineering projects or you want to level up DevOPS or SRE game. If there's an opportunity to work on something bigger, you're keen to take it on.
- You’re a team builder. You’re a team player. You're excited by helping maximise team performance, whether that requires you to learn from others or to take the time to explain things, provide actionable feedback, and level up those around you.
- You’re comfortable when faced with ambiguity. You're happy to tackle problems without a predefined clear definition or obvious solution, and are excited to have autonomy to make decisions as you go.
Nice to haves
- You’ve performed exceptionally at something else in the past, be it academics, sport, work etc. You’ve gone above and beyond the norm.
- You love engineering, it’s more than a job for you. You’ve contributed to open-source projects or worked on side-projects in your spare time just because you enjoy it. You’re confident in your ability to tackle ambiguous problems and crank out quality code.
How we build
- Iterate at speed. Our engineers ship code within their first 2 weeks so users can play with it straightaway!
- Share early. Whether it’s a draft of a proposal, or the MVP of a customer facing feature. We are ok with putting stuff out there when it’s “70% done”.
- Be multidisciplinary. There will be a good amount of context switching from day-to-day. A typical day might include anything from several hours of coding to a technical brainstorm or product design session. You’ll be working across the board on a bit of everything!
- Collaborate with those around you. Being a high trust team allows us to work autonomously, but we remain collaborative to resolve the most challenging problems together.
- Frontend: NextJS, React, Material UI, TypeScript.
- Backend: Typescript, NodeJS, GraphQL, Hasura, Docker, Postgres, AWS CDK, NoSQL & SQL.
At Omnea, we embrace diversity. To build a product that's loved by everyone, we need a team with all sorts of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't quite match the full job spec! And regardless of your race, religion, colour, gender, or anything else! If you want to chat about Omnea & think you could be a good fit, please contact our Chief of Staff, Claire, at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call.
Transforming the way businesses purchase
Omnea is supported by the two best VCs out there and 10+ of the most renowned Founders of the last decade, who have invested an initial $5m to help us develop our core product, helping how businesses streamline their purchasing processes.
We are now building our ambitious team to go on this journey with us and build one of Europe’s fastest-growing start-ups! Join us on this adventure!
"Being part of the early Omnea team and going after this multi-billion dollar problem space is the ideal opportunity for anyone looking to get in at the very start of something huge. Omnea has every ingredient necessary to build an entirely new category of enterprise SaaS."
"Omnea is a long awaited disruption in a critical problem space. Their focus on quality product design and engineering, combined with a gigantic market opportunity, makes this an amazing career choice"
"Omnea is using some of the most cutting-edge tech in the market to build a scalable product while innovating at the speed their users want. Delighted to be partnering with them and proud to have them using Hasura, on their journey to disrupt and solve a billion dollar problem!"
"If you've ever built a company you know Omnea is solving a critical pain point. This could be an entirely new category in enterprise SaaS."
Claire Hughes Johnson
"Omnea’s vision is as exciting as it is challenging. This is an incredibly unique opportunity for ambitious engineers who want to have an outsized impact at the start of something big"
Omnea is made up of a small team in pursuit of one mighty goal; to help businesses thrive. Our journey has led us to guide some of Europe's fastest-growing start-ups, working with the best investors and bringing multiple products to the market.
We understand that persistent progress needs a certain kind of mindset. One, that wants to define their career by personally having a direct, visible and meaningful impact on the industry. Nowadays it is easy to swap meaningful and exciting trajectories for elaborate company perks, such as free food and regular sponsored time working abroad.
But at Omnea we want to give you both. All while our focus feeds a culture, where we give you autonomy over your area, create a diverse team with the best peers to learn from and help you work towards goals, that actually excite you.
To ensure that Omnea feels like your business, we are giving early team members equity above the market rate.
Here, we are building in a space that hasn't been disrupted in over 20 years. The opportunities we are creating for some of the most exciting companies out there are vast and of incredibly high quality. If this sounds like you, come and join the ride!
We are carefully thinking about all things that foster a healthy, balanced and fun work-life balance. Although we might not always have the most advanced & out-there company perks, here at Omnea we want to ensure that the environment created and the benefits received contribute to your life in a meaningful way. We find that so many companies nowadays will prioritize fancy perks and work environments over actually taking care of their employees - we want to make sure employee wellbeing actually comes first.
We are hoping you can help us shape the culture and promise to listen to the feedback of our team to expand this list.