Product Owner - London
We are looking for a driven, innovative Product Owner to work with one of our many platform teams. All the teams manage the flow of a variety of data sets that are the beating ‘data heart’ of our global business and flow throughout our business powering our suite of industry leading products. Central to accelerating our next generation technology strategy (our Town Plan), the goal is for every piece of data we have stored in the Cirium Data Platform (CDP) and every data product we build to be sourced from the CDP. From there the platform teams need to provide the various delivery platforms from flat files to APIs to data warehouse. These will be used by product to create the various products to surface to customers. If you want to be at the data heart of a world-leading aviation analytics business, then this is the role for you.
You will report into our new Platform division within Cirium but on a day-to-day basis you will work with the Platform Agile development team. Your key responsibilities will be owning and prioritising the team’s backlog as well liaising with many stakeholders across the business to gather requirements and manage dependencies.
You will develop strong relationships across Cirium and act as central point of contract between the development team, various data owners and downstream stakeholders who use the datasets provided through these tools, with heritage products, new product development and the CDP. The ability to blend efficiencies, user experience and scaling will be key, with the aim to build dynamic, flexible, and innovative solutions that match our fast-paced industry and ever evolving data needs, while challenging the status quo. With the development teams being cross geographic locations, your written and verbal communication will be outstanding, as you will need to be capable of translating complex stakeholder requirements into user-stories and epics for the development team and liaising with downstream stakeholders.
- You will have Product Owner experience, where you have worked with software development teams using an Agile Scrum methodology
- You communicate the vision for your team and then make it happen. You work with leaders of other groups and teams to refine your team’s vision and drive the quarterly roadmap for how you will solve those problems. You know how to turn vision into goals, goals into a roadmap, and a roadmap into daily and weekly tasks for your team. You excel at keeping a cross-functional team of subject matter experts, designers, engineers, architects, QA, data analysts, and data owners working effectively and efficiently
- You know how to get results. Through collaboration with your team, you routinely deliver meaningful results for the business. You share, celebrate, and build momentum around positive results. You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want
- You are data driven. You use data to uncover opportunities and understand what levers to pull to drive business results. You know how to measure the results of your work, test it with stakeholders, and understand its downstream effect
- You have ample technical and analytical skills. While you may or may not know how to code, you have the technical know-how to support yourself and your team. You use your technical context to make better, faster decisions
- You are a skilled communicator. Cirium is a diverse, global team so you need strong verbal and written communication to convey your team’s vision, roadmap, and progress. You know the right tool for the job whether it’s managing the day-to-day cadence of projects or building cross-company momentum around a project
- You love doing things efficiently and working smart. This Product Owner role is pivotal to the success of our Platform teams, the CDP and acceleration of our Town Plan. The work you do will have a big impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves
- You understand what it means to own an internal service. Your customers will all be internal to the business. The work you prioritize must satisfy a variety of stakeholders across product, technology, architecture, and security. Most likely, you’ve been part of an internal delivery team before
- Maintain agile team’s primary objective / specific business goal of each release
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX Design, Tech, Security, and QA teams on sprint planning
- Runs standard agile ceremonies
- Weekly backlog review
- Sprint Reviews / Platform Features
- Daily stand ups
- Sign off on test case reviews
- Sprint Retrospective
- Release Capacity Planning – Understand engineering resources available for the next sprint
- Collaborate with product managers on ticket readiness prior to backlog reviews. Ensuring a clear Definition of Done for every ticket
- Balance continuous improvement with remediation of technical debt
Qualifications and Education
- Proficiency in various technologies to assist day-to-day tasks with a strong emphasis on JIRA knowledge preferred.
- A basic understanding of Cirium Fleets and Values data is preferred but not essential
- Strong understanding of agile software development methodologies like Agile Scrum, Kanban
- Formal training in Product Management and/or Product Ownership is preferred but not essential
The leading provider of data & analytics solutions for aviation and travel, Cirium delivers data and analytics solutions to leaders in finance, aerospace, travel, governments, airlines and more. We employ 400+ people globally, in 14 offices, and invest continually to improve outcomes for our customers. We believe passionately in inclusion and diversity, and are looking for talented, like-minded professionals to join our team.
has context menu
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, having diverse employees with different perspectives is key to creating innovative new products for our global customers. We have 30 diversity employee networks globally and prioritize inclusive leadership and equitable processes as part of our culture. Our aim is for every employee to be the best version of themselves. We would actively welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups.
We are committed to providing a fair and accessible hiring process. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodation or adjustment, please let us know by completing our Applicant Request Support Form: https://forms.office.com/r/eVgFxjLmAK .