Metacommerce is the first CRM and marketing automation platform to integrate the tools and insights scaling web3 companies need to deliver best-in-class experiences to their dApp users and asset holders, all-in-one place.
Since our founding in late 2021, we've helped support brands mint over 18.8k+ NFTs, and generate over 4.7k+ ETH in sales volume (and we're just getting started).
We're backed by leading investors including, Makers Fund, Uncorrelated, Panache Ventures, and Mistral Ventures.
What to expect
- Make a big impact helping to bring products from the ideation stage to reality.
- Become an early member of an extremely dedicated and intense team, operating in a remote async environment.
- Get access to new learning opportunities focused on some of the biggest challenges in finance, blockchain, and technology today.
- Work with an eclectic group of specialists, each at the top of their respective fields.
We are looking for an exceptional Full-Stack Engineer to join our team. They will work closely with our CTO and Head of Infrastructure/DevOps to help build our databases/pipelines with anticipation of future needs, source new data as needed, and build scalable backend infrastructure.
The candidate for this role will be expected to be self-driven, filling in-gaps across our team as needed and will need to leverage their broad skillsets, which should include backend/front-end development, database architecture, API/SDK development, ETL, and data pipeline set-up. Experience with blockchain, NFTs, and DeFi is preferred.
See a non-comprehensive list of the role and related responsibilities details below;
- Build applications & tools
You will develop and maintain performant, scalable, and secure applications.
- Design data structures
Design efficient data structures, schemas and ETL for long-term scalability
- Source new datasets
Pull data from sources including the blockchain and other site APIs (Opensea, Moralis, etc)
- Optimize data pipelines
Craft optimized data pipelines and backend infrastructure for data processing, real-time insights, reporting, and other related areas.
- Develop custom integrations
Build custom marketing (social/platforms) and data integrations (blockchain/alt data APIs).
- Write high-quality code
- Resolve bugs and support refactors
You will debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- QA, documentation, and testing where needed.
You will write unit tests and high-quality documentation.
What we are looking for
- Candidates must have at least 3+ years experience in a related software development role.
- 6+ months of involvement/participation somewhere in Web3 (NFTs, DeFi, DAOs, etc.)
- Experience with querying and interacting with EVM Based blockchains.
- Extensive knowledge of AWS services, including RDS, DynamoDB, Step Functions, Lambda, Cognito.
- Experience designing database schemas, data structures, and ETL pipelines from scratch.
- Able to manage multiple projects at once, and act in a self-directed, "manager of one" manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (English Native/Fluent) to support our largely asynchronous, documentation forward culture.
- Apparent and clear attention to detail.
Bonus points for
- Previous experience in a rapidly scaling startup environment (Pre-seed to Series B)
- Previous experience building Analytics/BI systems from scratch
- Previous experience in BI or Data Science
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
Our Tech Stack
*Our tech stack is constantly evolving but we except strong knowledge of the above at minimum.
What we offer
- 🕛 Full time roles in a company within a rapidly growing industry.
- 🌎 An all-remote opportunity in an async culture. Go nomadic or stay at home, we don't care.
- 💼 Annual professional learning and development budget.
- 💸 Competitive salary based on candidate's location and experiences.
To give every candidate a clear understanding of our hiring process and what to expect we've listed our standard recruitment stages below with brief descriptions of each stage.
- Intro Call: (15 - 20 mins)
Initial chat to get to know you better and give you an overview of the role.
- General Interview: (30 mins)
In-depth discussion on team and culture as well as how you've worked in the past.
- Technical Interview: (30 - 45 mins)
Deep dive into your technical experience and skill sets, expect some coding questions.
- Reference Checks: (N/A)
We ask that all candidates provide 2-3 professional references upon application. At this stage we connect with them!
- Hiring Decision: (N/A)
Yes or no, plus some light feedback if requested.
Approx. Total Time: 1.5 Hours over the span of 1 week