Full Stack Engineer - SDE II
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
⚡️ About Merkle Science
Merkle Science provides blockchain transaction monitoring and intelligence solutions for web3 companies, digital asset service providers, financial institutions, law enforcement and government agencies to detect, investigate and prevent illicit use of cryptocurrencies. Our vision is to make cryptocurrencies safe and provide infrastructure for the safe and compliant growth of cryptocurrencies.
Merkle Science is headquartered in New York with offices in Singapore, Bangalore and London. The team has combined experience across Bank of America, Paypal, Luno, Thomson Reuters and Amazon. The company has raised over US$27 MM from SIG, Beco, Republic, DCG, Kenetic, GGV and several others.
💥 What will you do?
- Developing and maintaining web applications using Django and React.js.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement new features.
- Writing clean, efficient, and well-documented code.
- Ensuring the application is secure and scalable.
- Integrating third-party APIs and services.
- Writing and maintaining unit tests and integration tests.
- Participating in code reviews and providing feedback to other developers.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in web development.
👀 What are we looking for?
- Proficiency in Python and Django: Python and Django are essential tools for any backend engineer. As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for writing code in Python and using the Django framework to develop web applications.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and web services: RESTful APIs and web services are critical components of any web application. As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing these APIs and services.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS or Azure: Cloud platforms like AWS or Azure are essential for deploying and scaling web applications. As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for deploying and managing web applications on these platforms.
- Working knowledge of React.js.
- Knowledge of Database concepts and query languages like SQL.
- Good track record of delivering automation solutions.
- A good team player with strong oral & communication skills.
📜 What process do we follow? (<2 weeks)
1. Application: We will keep it simple. You can apply directly through our job portal. All we ask for is a Resume. Additional Portfolio links such as Github, Medium or a Personal website are welcome.
2. Screening: We will screen your profile and get back with a decision in a few business days.
3. Interviews: We will have two rounds of interviews. Round one (30mins) exploratory call that will focus on getting to know each other better and identifying if this could work for both of us. Round two (60mins) is a technical round where we will review your prior experience and discuss how you would build systems to solve a problem we will introduce on call. An additional third round-technical may be decided based on the previous rounds.
4. Meet the Team: Culture-Fit is essential for both you and us. So we always go the extra mile, and you will meet two other colleagues on the team who you would be working with. Here, you could discuss questions on stack, culture and some other things you might be interested in if you had a consideration for a new role.
❤️ Well Being, Compensation and Benefits
We care about your well-being. Along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, learning & development initiatives and hours that are designed to provide work/life balance. We regularly host team-building sessions and encourage discussions around mental health.
We reward talent and believe in acknowledging people for their contributions. We offer industry-leading compensation, along with generous equity. As a rapidly growing business, there are endless opportunities to grow your career with Merkle Science.