Electrical engineer in Space-tech
Magdrive is looking to hire an electrical engineer to help develop a revolutionary, next-generation spacecraft propulsion system. The Magdrive propulsion system delivers an unmatched level of thrust (>100 mN/kg) with extraordinary efficiency (>2000 s) that will unlock new capabilities for spacecraft and enable entirely new industries in satellite servicing, orbital assembly and interplanetary transport.
You will play a pivotal role as one of the first employees of Magdrive, which brings enhanced freedom, responsibility and potential for career growth. The solutions you develop will directly shape the development of the Magdrive propulsion system and have a significant impact on the future of space travel. You will be responsible for the development of the control systems and onboard diagnostics, which will play a key role in upcoming space missions.
● Design, procure and assemble PCBs and electronic components for prototypes and upcoming space missions
● Develop the thruster control systems and onboard diagnostics
● Assist in diagnostics development for experiments
● Degree in electrical engineering, physics or similar
● Experience working with space hardware
● Passion for space travel and for taking a bold approach to a transformational technology
● Fast and effective problem solving skills
● Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Experience in circuit and PCB design
● Experience with embedded systems
● Knowledge of electric and chemical spacecraft propulsion
● Salary £30k - £60k per annum (salary and title dependent on experience)
● One of the first hires of an ambitious new space company
● 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
● Flexible and remote working
● Support for home office setup
● Generous share options scheme
Something looks off?