👋 Who is Kula and what do we do?
Hey! We're Kula, and we help lawyers to build their own law firms. Our mission is to help lawyers break free from corporate law firms, help lawyers build their own businesses, and help lawyers disrupt a 2000-year-old global profession.
We launched just 3 months ago, and we already have $20k monthly recurring revenue. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world, including Y Combinator, Entrepreneur First, and angel investors behind companies like Ironclad, OpenSea and Stripe.
Interested in joining the founding team at one of the world’s most exciting legal startups? Kula is looking for a humble, driven and honest software developer to help rapidly scale the business and achieve global impact.
🧐 Who exactly are you looking for?
We’ve seen more growth than we can handle over the past 3 months and are looking for an amazing full-stack hacker to help us build and scale our to meet demand! This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing startup on the ground floor and work directly with the founders, potentially taking a leadership position down the line.
You'd be a great fit if you're:
You're someone who wants to grow fast in their career and can scale with Kula.
You explore new creative ways of doing things, have strong opinions and are willing to change them.
🎯 Product Focused
You love solving customer problems whether using the latest tech or just an e-mail
📈 A Learner
You don't need decades of experience, we're looking for people who love learning fast!
💻 Our Current Stack:
- React + Typescript
- Python (FastAPI)
- Postgres DB
📢 But we're language agnostic! If you're a great developer we'd love to have you onboard, regardless of your prior experience!
🔥 So what will I do?
As an engineer you will be working directly with our CTO, you'll create and iterate on technical projects:
- Design & build core features for Kula's Web App and backend services
- Ideate on new features for the product
- Make architectural decisions to help Kula scale
- Write sustainable, testable, high-quality, high-performance code.
- Collaborate with teammates through planning, pair programming, code review, and testing.
If you want we'd also love to involve you in hiring, management and whatever other early startup operations you're interested in!
You will be working directly with Saaras, our CTO
🍪 Why should I join Kula?
⚖️ help disrupt a 2000 year old industry!
🟧 become one of the first employees at a YC backed startup
📈 grow with a startup that has gone from $0 to >$200k in ARR in 3 months!
🧠 learn the latest technologies in a fast paced environment
👨👩👧👦 join a team of people who have patented an AI algorithm and started multiple businesses
💵 receive an above market salary
🚀 independently run your own projects and make your own decisions
🎤 Our process is quick and easy
- Intro Call with our CTO Saaras- 30min chat about the position, your background, your motivation and all the initial questions you might have.
- Tech Interview so we can get a grasp of your skills and approaches, see more info here:Kula Tech Interview- What to expect?
- Team Meet with Saaras, Nelson and one of our advisers- we want to get to know you and you probably want to get to know us, so we can make sure that we'll all be thrilled to work together.
- Offer will be made and you'll join Kula on our journey!