Customer Success Associate
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
We are currently looking for a Customer Success Associate to join our growing team! The Customer Success Associate will work closely with our team of Customer Success Managers to support Department of Transportation (DOT) customers and large Construction Engineering and Infrastructure (CEI) customers.The Customer Success Associate is a key member of the Customer Experience team who will be responsible for ensuring that customers are fully supported in the effective use of our software. Your primary responsibilities will include providing reactive technical support to the entire customer base, helping manage our hardware (i.e., iPads) support programs, working closely with the Customer Success Management team on a daily basis to support customer meetings, developing (and eventually delivering) training, and helping translate customer requirements/requests into clearly defined problem statements for review by Engineering.In this role, you will provide a combination of reactive support, implementation execution, and customer training to enable effective usage and adoption of both our core and early stage products that span multiple functions including inspection, material testing and finance. To be successful in this position, you will need to demonstrate strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task across multiple customers and projects, and a clear passion for working with software in complex field environments. Additionally, you will need to build strong relationships in order to bolster the success of your teammates while ensuring customer renewals and identifying upsell opportunities.HeadLight, founded in 2005, delivers industry-leading technology to transportation construction teams. Our photo-driven inspection and verification technology enables clients to streamline and mobilize project inspections, communications, and documentation leading to superior project deliveries. The HeadLight platform has been used on transportation construction projects nationwide. Customers include large DOT, top-tier CEI, contractors, equipment manufacturers, and industry-related materials companies.What You’ll Get To Do:
- Build and strengthen trust and confidence by taking on a supporting role with HeadLight DOT and CEI customers to ensure effective usage, deployment, and testing of HeadLight solutions
- Provide reactive support to the entire customer base via phone and email queries, capturing these requests in our internal tracking system (i.e., SalesForce) and engineering systems (i.e., JIRA), and working within the organization to resolve these issues
- Support both the HeadLight software implementation process and design through launch and post-launch adoption
- Co-manage HeadLight’s hardware leasing program including inventory management, mobile device management, and cellular service processes
- Develop and demonstrate industry and solution knowledge in order to consult with customers on both technical and process decisions
- Help foster and expand a strong team and culture by supporting internal partners including: Sales, Engineering, and Marketing teams to ensure efficient and cost-effective implementations that address key customer Return on Investment (ROI) goals
- Develop customers into HeadLight experts and advocates through training development and delivery (both remote and in person)
- Develop expertise in HeadLight's product offerings, business model, services, and Customer Success best practices
- Create and maintain Customer Success and Support standard operating procedures and documentation, e.g., checklists, specifications, training documentation, and other templates to improve efficiency in future implementations
- Help ensure processes and new features are free from defects before being delivered to the customer
- Have a strong sense of ownership and drive for excellence
- Proven track record of supporting SaaS offerings and enabling
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a customer support or customer success role working with business customers on complex software systems
- Familiarity with mobile and cloud-based technology tools is a plus
- Travel to customer locations, estimated 25%
- Nice to Have: Experience supporting complex software solutions with the construction and infrastructure industries
- Nice to Have: Experience managing medium complexity operations (e.g., technical support systems such as ZenDesk, training tracking systems or retail systems)
- Customer Obsession: We exist for our customers. We strive to partner with them, understand the impacts of the challenges they face, and earn their trust to solve them.
- Love Problems, Not Solutions: We don’t get so fixated on a solution that we lose sight of the problem. The best solution wins - no matter the source.
- Ownership: We honor and take ownership over commitments to each other. We are not self interested and refuse to say, “that isn’t my job.” We act on behalf of the entire company.
- Details Matter: Paying attention to the little things leads to the ability to accomplish big things. We focus on ensuring we get the small things right. We leave things better than we found them.
- Earn It Through Results: We achieve our goals by delivering results. We refuse to manage perceptions of results. We work to deliver them with quality in a timely fashion.
- The Why Matters: Know why before taking action or investing time. We give context, set clear goals, and use independent judgment. We don’t do anything just because “someone said so” or “it felt right.”
- Fail Fast: Speed matters in business. As a result, failure will happen. Dot it small, do it quickly, understand it, and use it to learn from and grow.
- Build Trust: We start by assuming good intentions. We depend on others, so we work deliberately to bring out the best in one another and build trust through visibility and transparency.
- Challenge Ideas, Respect Decisions: We love to challenge our own thinking. When it’s time to move, we respect the decision, commit, and all pick up the oar and row together.
- Think Big: We are comfortable being uncomfortable. We strive for thinking at levels that allow us to scale and make the biggest impact for our customers.