Software Engineer Intern
Fairmart is an early-stage community commerce company with a mission to help local stores thrive in the digital age. It is our belief that local stores should have access to the same capabilities that larger businesses have, but built for their scale. To achieve this, we take a multidisciplinary approach to building solutions that are simple to use, yet powerful in their impact.
We're based in the JTC Launchpad - a heart of Singapore's startup community.
We are a diverse team of technologists and builders who love to see the direct impact of our work on the lives of our customers. Those who are successful at Fairmart are intensely curious and bring a fierce passion to their work. You should be results-oriented, but also be people-oriented and understand the broader context of each problem you solve. Our culture is our competitive advantage, and you will have a unique opportunity to nurture its evolution and growth.
Our founders bring a combined 25 years of experience from industry giants such as Shopback, Redmart, and DJI. The company is supported by prominent VCs such as Entrepreneur First, HAX, and SOSV.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will
- Use your amazing skills to break down complex problems and find simple solutions
- Build a seamless, beautiful customer experience with React & Redux that feels comfortable and effortless for our customers.
- Help to build out our backend (NodeJS & AWS Amplify).
- Help to shape our Devops/Infra and streamline our CI/CD pipeline from commit to deploy.
- Work on supercharging our data stack with predictive analytics, machine learning, and recommender systems.
- Influence others and build consensus using your strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work with smart, motivated people in a supportive environment.
- Enjoy a strong culture of wanting to be better and making it happen.
- Feel empowered to try things out and make a real difference to our teams and our customers.
During your internship you will
- Experience - Gain professional experience as a software engineer working in a cross-functional team. Learn best practices from industry professionals. Understand what it is like to work within an agile software product team.
- Cross-Functional - Gain exposure communicating and presenting to stakeholders across the business, engineering, design and product functions.
- Startup Culture – Be part of a workplace environment that values creative problem solving, open communication and flat hierarchy
- Use Cases That Matter – Work on real innovation initiatives that serve the needs of the local retail industry, help the store owners to adjust to the new digital normal.
- You are enthusiastic about learning and diving deeply into new, unfamiliar technologies.
- You are are excited about digitising retail industry and taking a customer-facing product from conception to execution.
- You are thrilled about tackling challenging technical problems around UX, AI and Big Data.
- You care about writing clean, well-documented code and appreciate static typing.
- You enjoy working with a small team in a fast-paced environment.
Perks and Benefits
- Exciting opportunities as we take our platform to the global market.
- Refreshingly flexible but professional environment.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- The chance to join the ship early on and go all the way path to the recognised leader in the industry.
- Great career and development prospects - being able to push the boundaries of what is possible.