Mobile Engineer Intern
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2022
As a Mobile Engineer Intern, you will
- Use your amazing skills to break down complex problems and find simple solutions.
- Build a seamless, beautiful customer mobile-first experiences with React & Redux that feels comfortable and effortless for our customers.
- Help to build out our backend (NodeJS & AWS Amplify).
- Help to shape our Devops/Infra and streamline our CI/CD pipeline from commit to deploy.
- Work on supercharging our data stack with predictive analytics, machine learning, and recommender systems.
- Influence others and build consensus using your strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work with smart, motivated people in a supportive environment.
- Enjoy a strong culture of wanting to be better and making it happen.
- Feel empowered to try things out and make a real difference to our teams and our customers.
During your internship, you will
- Experience - Gain professional experience as a software engineer working in a cross-functional team. Learn best practices from industry professionals. Understand what it is like to work within an agile software product team.
- Cross-Functional - Gain exposure communicating and presenting to stakeholders across the business, engineering, design and product functions.
- Startup Culture – Be part of a workplace environment that values creative problem solving, open communication and flat hierarchy.
- Use Cases That Matter – Work on real innovation initiatives that serve the needs of the local retail industry, help the store owners to adjust to the new digital normal.
- You are enthusiastic about learning and diving deeply into new, unfamiliar technologies.
- You are excited about digitising retail industry and taking a customer-facing product from conception to execution.
- You are thrilled about tackling challenging technical problems around UX, AI and Big Data.
- You care about writing clean, well-documented code and appreciate static typing.
- You enjoy working with a small team in a fast-paced environment.
Perks and Benefits
- Exciting opportunities as we take our platform to the global market.
- Refreshingly flexible but professional environment.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- The chance to join the ship early on and go all the way path to the recognised leader in the industry.
- Great career and development prospects - being able to push the boundaries of what is possible.