Dishpatch delivers the best restaurants to every home in the UK.
At Dishpatch, we believe the best chefs deserve the biggest tables: incredible food shouldn’t be confined to the lucky few that live in the city. We’re taking great food further and wider than anyone has gone before, by partnering with the most talented chefs and restaurants to deliver their restaurant meal kits nationwide.
Since we began in 2020, we’ve partnered with the likes of Angela Hartnett, Ottolenghi, Michel Roux Jr and St. JOHN to deliver over 150,000 meals across the country. We've raised >£10m from the World's leading venture investors including Andreessen Horowitz and LocalGlobe.
Our sights are set on building a category-creating brand that restaurants and diners truly love. In 2023, we’re continuing to rapidly increase the diverse range of chefs we partner with and meals we create to serve our growing community of diners.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to manage the daily financial operational processes to support the business for sustained growth over the next 2 years and beyond. The focus is on creating a highly efficient, professional finance function.
This position is currently being maintained by a few members of the operations team and a part-time bookkeeper. This role would take on these tasks from the business, manage the bookkeeper and then improve the current processes. This role will also be working closely with the CEO, Operations Director and the Fractional Finance Director.
As a Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of the Management Accounts
- Manage the Accounts Receivable and Payables and bank reconciliations (with the bookkeeper)
- Work with both the Marketing, Warehouse, Kitchen and other Operations teams
- Ability to get stuck into the details to find any inconsistencies
- Manage the Inventory calculations.
- Improve current processes and look for ways it could be more efficient & automated.
- Management of the balance sheet and cashflows
- Monthly Payroll & reconciliations
- VAT, PAYE, and other compliance requirements
- Year-end preparation and reconciliations.
The Finance Manager will also complete other ad-hoc tasks when required. The candidate will hold experience in a similar role and will be able to help identify opportunities for Process Improvement, with a constant improvement mindset.
- Ideally fully qualified in either ACCA / CIMA / ACA.
- Excellent communications skills, both orally and written.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good initiative and willing to take ownership and responsibility of tasks
- Eager to learn and look to improve / change processes
- Excellent team player
- Experience with Inventory
- Experience using Xero ideal, but not essential.
- Experience in e-commerce or manufacturing ideal, but not essential
- Is passionate about all things food and restaurants
- We’re transparent. We’re an open book with each other and the restaurants we work with: a genuine partner.
- We’re fast. When we do something, we do it with focus, and we do it quickly.
- We’re detailed. While we move fast, we don’t lose sight of the details, everything we do is thought out and executed to a high standard.
- Be part of one the most exciting food startups in the UK and contribute to the future of at-home dining.
- Competitive salary and compensation
- 33 days of holiday per year (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Employer contributions to your pension plan
- Meaningful ownership stake in the Dishpatch business
- Trying out our favourite spots to eat with weekly team lunches
- Employee discount codes on all menus
If this sounds like something you can’t wait to get stuck into, we want to hear from you. Join us on our mission to democratise food globally, and bring the world’s best chefs to the kitchens of everyone.
Every role in the Dishpatch team is open to applications from all sections of society. We’re committed to building a culture of inclusion, belonging and connection as we work together on building something truly great. We actively encourage applications from everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
Where are you based?
Our office is next door to our central fulfilment premises in North Greenwich, London. We operate on a flexible work setup - we ask our team to come into the office when needed but have the freedom to work from home at other times.
What are your working hours?
Most of us work 9-6, but we adopt a flexible working culture & hours. It’s more important to us what you’re getting done, not when you’re doing it.
How can I contact you?
You can reach us for all things job-related by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.