Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2022
Who are CloudNC?
CloudNC is a technology company reinventing precision manufacturing by automating CNC CAM programming, enabled by data and experience.
Our world-class team combines expertise in computer science and physical manufacturing, from our locations in London and Chelmsford.
We are scaling from Series B to C at pace and are fully funded for this growth. We have recently launched our first new software solution CAM Assist, which accelerates manual CAM programming time by 80%, enabling manufacturers to be more productive.
As we continue to expand our Autonomous Machining Team (AMT), we are looking for an experienced QA Engineer.
The role will involve designing, implementing and executing both manual and automated tests, debugging systems and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
Our QA engineers perform their day-to-day work embedded within individual teams. The role will report to an experienced QA Manager, who will oversee your career development as a QA professional.
To be successful as a QA engineer, you should have extensive knowledge of QA techniques and processes and be a great communicator.
You will have proven QA technical skills, an appreciation for the complex nature of our industry and be comfortable working in a fast-moving startup environment with a modern tech stack (including but not limited to: Kotlin, Angular / Typescript, Python, C++, C#/.NET, gRPC/protobuf, GitLab, Jira, Zephyr, AWS).
Skills and Experience:
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using a combination of industry standard and internally built automation tools
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies and bring those ideas to your team and the company as a whole
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years (or equivalent) of commercial experience in developing QA plans for software applications.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and finding skills
- Any knowledge in CNC Machining is a bonus
- Experience experience of testing simulation/AI/ML applications or in CAD/CAM Software (e.g. Fusion360/MasterCAM/Siemens NX)
- Cloud Computing and Virtualisation
- Willingness to ask questions and challenge assumptions
- Tact and diplomacy in communicating at all levels
- Appreciation of research or startup cultures
- Experience of using exploratory testing techniques
We are nothing without our teams, and as such you’ll receive:
- Stock Options upon joining
- Annual performance equity award
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and life assurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies
- Active mental health and wellbeing forum
- £50 monthly benefit allowance
- Team Socials
- Hack days
Equal opportunities statement:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, valuing individuality and embracing all people. The success of CloudNC is a result of diversity of thought. We recognise this comes from people truly belonging. We encourage different perspectives and skills to collaborate towards our mission – disrupting the manufacturing industry.