Lead Product Designer
We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
We're looking for a Lead Product Designer to work across our payment experience product squad, focusing on improving our overall payment experience for our Cleo users.
On the frontier of design
We're moving through uncharted territory with brand new design challenges around chat, UI, brand, ToV and applied machine learning that you can't just look up the answer to - across native app and Messenger platforms. We're a small but growing design team with an excellent bunch of developers who are building faster than we can design. To ensure we can keep iterating quickly, we need a maintainable and scalable design system that is built for change, and won't put a ceiling on creativity. And of course, we are solving money problems that make a very real and tangible difference to our users.
What you’ll be doing
This role will involve hands-on design work as part of a squad but you’ll also get the chance to mentor and develop a small team of designers. You will be:
- Designing and owning the financial relationship that a user has with Cleo, from engaging with budgeting and insights that help them manage their money to product-specific flows
- Looking across all Cleo products for opportunities to deepen the financial relationship with our users
- Leading design for your squad and directly managing one to three designers
- Owning user experience problems within your squad and related to the wider tribe’s mission
- Creating clarity and alignment within the squad on proposed solutions through journeys, wireframes and prototypes
- Informing your designs with both qualitative and data-driven insights on user needs and pain points
- Executing designs in polished UI in close collaboration with developers
- Creating a great product, UI and chat experience with UX writers
- Planning and prioritising sprint work with product managers
- You’re at least 5 years into your design career, ideally with some direct line management experience or experience mentoring more junior designers
- Deeply curious about people's relationship with money and driven to help them improve their financial health
- You’re impact-driven. You’re excited that an idea you and the team have on a Monday could be live and seeing results by the Friday
- Used to working in a cross-functional squad and seeking out feedback
- You love finding new & improved ways to help our users meet their goals. But you also understand how to break down your work into the most important parts to test and validate
- A strong communicator who is capable of bringing people together and establishing clarity on direction
- You understand experimentation & analysis and incorporate them into your design decisions
- Passionate about craftsmanship and the impact of design
- Familiar with design systems, design DNA and brand experience
- Experience working with a B2C freemium or subscription model would be a huge plus!
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with reviews every 6 months. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a PD4 level and we can pay £79,384 - £102,793 depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work.
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we encourage you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office but this is fully flexible. If you’re 2+ hours outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us in-person a few times per year - and we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 6% employer-matched pension
- Performance reviews every 6 months,
- Generous pay increases for high performers
- Discretionary cash bonuses for high-growth team members
- Equity top ups for team members getting promoted
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more