Software Engineer (Deep Tech)
Do you want to be part of the team that revolutionizes the resource exploration and navigation industry? Atomionics is working on quantum sensors based on cold atom interferometry where atoms are cooled down to almost absolute zero using lasers. At such cold temperatures, these atoms start behaving like waves, which allows us to precisely measure the forces acting on them.
This opens up a wide range of applications including, but not limited to, paving a path in the energy transition to zero-carbon, exponentially improving the performance of inertial navigation systems, and transforming the global positioning system. At Atomionics, you will get the chance to prototype, test, refine, finalize, and deploy your code toward enabling GraviOS to set up the quantum sensor by optimizing device parameters contingent on various factors, control the machine to operate in a variety of environments, and acquire data for processing and visualization.
We are looking for a software engineer who:
- Wants the freedom to innovate by being involved in deep tech research
- Is excited by the prospect of working within an interdisciplinary team comprised of electronics engineers, mechanical engineers, and physicists
- Would like to own their work via compelling equity offerings
We are a small, focused group in a high-energy environment. Our team consists of people at the top of their domains with a diverse set of experience, such as in advanced rocket engines, the first digital cameras, and high-resolution microscopes, in addition to cold atom physics. We are backed by some fantastic investors from the private and public sectors, such as Wavemaker, SGInnovate, Cap Vista, 500 Startups, and other prominent angels.
- Lead the Python software development of GraviOS, the software platform that controls our quantum gravimeter
- Develop backend code to control and monitor all electronic devices including FGPAs, RF modules, lasers, and optical controllers
- Develop frontend code to provide robust, intuitive control interface for the machine for tuning, varying parameters, and operating the system
- Build insightful data analysis and visualization dashboards into the software
- Teach and guide developers and interns in your team
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in software product development
- Experienced in software system architecture
- Skilled in full stack development using Python
- Proponent of Agile methodologies and actively implement sprint cycles and processes
- Focus on quality and robustness for bug fixing and edge-case issue handling
- Strong communication and team leadership experience
- Demonstrated passion for emerging technologies
Good to have
- Machine Learning for implementation in future development
- Programming of FPGA & DDS systems/embedded systems
- Development of web apps & architecture for cloud storage
What we can offer you
- Progress with the company’s growth by access to our Employee Stock Option Pool and own the work you do
- A comprehensive medical insurance plan along with a competitive salary
- A chance to learn about the intricacies of deep tech research, product development, and strategy in a high-growth startup
- Work on the cutting edge of quantum technology
- Develop robust applications for translational research
- A book/hobby project allowance to help you grow and collectively build the Atomionics library
- Board games and curry night
Something looks off?