VP/Director of Finance
Allozymes, transforming enzymes to unlock the trillion-dollar bioeconomy market. Founded in 2019, Allozymes mission is to build the largest custom-designed enzyme library to offer ground-breaking industrial bio-solutions for the sustainable future of the food, cosmetics, and pharma industries.
Enzyme is the engine of a cell that empowers all the reactions in nature. In modern life, enzymes play a key role in 100s of industrial applications, from the creation of cheese and wine all the way to medicine. However, finding the right enzymes and improving their performance is still a key challenge. At Allozymes, we are solving these issues with our proprietary technology. We engineered enzymes 10X faster with a 200X higher chance of success compared to the conventional technologies (Robotic). We create products and provide bio-solutions with our proprietary technology that will have a large impact on the green future of the industries. Read in Compasslist about our vision.
We are looking for a VP of Finance to help scale Allozymes from the early stage to growth, IPO and beyond. Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Finance will oversee all areas of Strategic Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Accounting, and take ownership of all company fiscal matters for the HQ and the subsidiaries. As the VP of Finance, you will solidify the continued evolution of company-wide OKRs and KPIs, support investor relations and fundraising efforts, and lead all accounting and audit processes. As a key member of our leadership team, you will inform company strategy and support executive decisions from a financial perspective, and ensure we use our resources efficiently and effectively. You take initiative, enjoy working with others to identify opportunities and risks, and can drive business results in the face of ambiguity.
- Work collaboratively with the executive team to develop the strategic plan
- Lead and make strategic decisions about fiscal policy, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, contract negotiations, and auditing
- Further develop and own the company’s overall financial forecasting model
- Advance the insight and understanding of the business unit economics and KPIs to drive further alignment and accountability across the company
- Understand, create, track, and report on metrics for the levers that drive positive unit economics for Allozymes products as well as our company’s long-term financial health
- Lead financial planning and forecasting as well as company- and department-level budget development, implementation, and reporting
- Collaborate across teams to assess the economic return on strategic initiatives and provide actionable insights to help drive optimal business decisions and maintain accurate and realistic revenue and cost forecasts
- Build an understanding of business drivers; advocate for growth and value-maximizing initiatives, provide analytical challenge and support to team members
- Develop and manage the financial and business controls necessary to ensure the company effectively evaluates risk, protects its assets, and effectively uses its financial resources
- Support investor relations, including board decks and investor updates, as well as help shape our internal and external financial narrative and strategy
- Provide analytical and due diligence support for fundraising activities
- Build strong relationships with the board, the investors, and the banks
Requirements & Qualifications
- Effective leadership skills and self-awareness to have the right influence on the leadership team and the rest of the company
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Highly strategic, but also tactical with a high sense of urgency and execution speed
- Ability to lead the budgeting process that strikes the right balance between discipline, simplicity, flexibility, and growth
- Ability to break down complex issues and communicate in simple messaging to the board, investors, and the team
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze financial data and provide insights into the organization’s financial health
- High-level of integrity, sense of creativity, and good business judgment
- Proven track record of navigating ambiguity and ability to make decisions that maintain momentum while mitigating risk
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for startups
- Experience scaling a startup from the early stage to 100+ employees
- You demonstrate a commitment to advancing representation and inclusion in and out of the workplace
- Minimum 5 plus years professional experience
- Background in growth-stage Biotech, Synbio or biopharma is a plus
- IPO and/or M&A experience is a plus
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere and willing to move to Singapore. You need to be in Singapore for your first year with us and then feel free to work hybrid. To apply, please apply through Linkedin.
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Allozymes! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.