Senior BI Developer
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2022 summer conference!
Life as a Senior BI Developer at Accurx
As a Senior BI Developer you’ll work in our wonderful Business Intelligence function to support both the commercial function (Customer Success, Operations and Finance) and the exec teams in their data, reports, KPIs and metric calculation needs.
You’ll be working as part of the growing Data team, reporting to the BI Lead.
As a member of the commercial community, you will:
- Scope, design, build, service and support new and existing external reports / dashboards with the goal of telling the story of our product usage & benefits to our customers.
- Be responsible for scoping, designing, building, servicing, and supporting new and existing internal reports / dashboards with the goal of providing robust analytical solutions
- Help define and build KPIs and metrics
- Promote data self-serving helping the development of stakeholders with workshops and training in using our BI tool (Power BI)
- Support stakeholders (primarily from customer success) to run deep analysis into product usage to help shape our go to market strategy
- Present insights to the community based on your deep dive into the data
- Promote and execute data governance practises
- Create and maintain the data artefacts (data catalogue and data dictionary) and user level documentation
- Work closely with the Data Engineering function to collect, clean and model the data needed by the community
As an active & engaged member of the data team, you will:
- Participate in team stand-ups & stand downs
- Contribute to the team slack channels, sharing ideas and helping members to unblock their work if/when needed
- Mentor & teach junior members
- Work closely with the head of Data to shape the team & data strategy
We'd really like to hear from you, if you have...
- Experience working in a Business Intelligence function/team
- End-to-end hands-on experience in building reports and dashboards for internal stakeholders (external is a bonus)
- Experience of database tools (SQL/ PL-SQL/ T-SQ)
- Experience with Power BI (other BI tools are a bonus: Tableau, Looker etc)
- Experience with programming language behind Power BI: DAX and Power Query
- Experience in visual storytelling
- Experience in data governance practices and guidelines
- Superb communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to decompose complex solutions and insights into a simple narrative
- Exposure with programming or scripting languages (Python / R / Powershell)
- Passion for visualising data and solving business problems with numbers and insights
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions.
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Our package includes:
- £60,000 - £80,000 salary + £50,750 share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings)
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.