Engineering Manager II
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2022 summer conference!
Life as an Engineering Manager II at Accurx
As Engineering Manager II at Accurx, your focus will be to create an environment where our engineers can thrive and grow. In this hands-off role in which you’ll leverage previous people management experience to nurture the growth of 8-10 software engineers across multiple teams at a variety of levels.
Alongside this, you will proactively identify and drive improvements to our processes, our culture and our broader management practices.
Your role will focus on:
- Performance and progression: You will regularly hold 1:1s and have goal setting conversations with your direct reports, coaching them and helping them understand where they are performing well, and where their areas of improvement are, using our Career Progression Framework, bi-annual performance reviews and regular ad hoc feedback from the team
- Stakeholder relationships: You’ll build strong relationships with stakeholders across the organisation including Tech Leadership, Product Managers, Talent partners, People team and VP Engineering, supporting the engineers you manage, their teams, and the engineering and product organisation more broadly
- Organisational effectiveness: You’ll work, alongside other stakeholders and your engineers, to understand where our engineering organisation is working effectively and where it needs more support; helping those in teams to make improvements where necessary. You’ll be involved, with the wider EM team, in understanding and facilitating staffing needs of teams.
- Engineering culture: You'll help us take the Accurx values and instil them into everything we do as Engineering leaders. You will be a role model, helping maintain our values and a strong sense of belonging across the whole engineering organisation.
- Projects: You will have a significant impact on how the Engineering Management team operates. You will identify and lead projects in the team that will help our engineering organisation scale and get the best out of engineers at all levels. You’ll collaborate with other Engineering Managers, improving and iterating on our engineering organisation’s health and effectiveness.
- Interviewing: You’ll play a crucial role in our hiring processes by taking part in interviews, making decisions an a Hiring manager and scaling our processes so we can continue to attract a diverse talent pool
- Onboarding: You'll be responsible for helping engineers to successfully land into the company well and complete their probation so they can quickly become happy and productive members of their team
What the team say ...,
Thomas - Engineering Manager
"Accurx has supported and enabled me to grow massively as an Engineering manager! From; ramping up in the number of engineers I oversee and supporting them, getting hugely involved in hiring, improving interview processes and improving our internal progression framework - all interesting challenges to solve."
Sareh - Senior Product Engineer
"My Engineering Manager led on a detailed update to the Engineering Progression framework, getting feedback from many of us in the organisation, fed that into the process and communicated it clearly and effectively during workshops with all the engineers. This had a positive impact on the wider engineering community here and ensured we are set up well for future growth in the organisation."
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You are early into your line management journey, you have experience managing multiple engineers
- You enjoy coaching engineers, help them to set and track objectives and provide insightful performance reviews
- You are passionate about improving processes within the engineering or product organisation
- You leverage data and feedback in decision making as you collaborate with your peers
- You’re comfortable in a primarily people management-focussed role, where delivery and hands-on coding is not expected
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Salary & Benefits package:
- £90,000 - £120,000 salary + the value of £80,000 share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings).
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.