Interested in joining Accurx as a Product Engineer? Check this post!
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2022 summer conference!
Interested in joining our Product Engineering team?
We hope to continue to grow the product engineering team in the future and if you’re interested in joining Accurx, we’d love to hear from you. While we may not have a suitable role open for you right now, please feel free to share your CV with us. We will review your skills and experience and reach out to you when we're ready to hire for this role.
If your skills aren't a match with what we need we will let you know.
What the team says ...
"Working as a Senior Engineer at Accurx is really rewarding! Developers are encouraged to work closely with user researchers and product managers to understand what our users want, which helps shape the products we build. We receive regular feedback on code changes and how they’ve impacted our users, which is hugely motivating. Outside of writing code, my time is spent monitoring our product and working on any related bugs or incidents, as well as focusing on supporting and mentoring other engineers, being involved in hiring processes and planning upcoming work with the rest of the product team."
- Emma Machin, Senior Product Engineer
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have proven consistent success as a mid, senior or staff level engineer
- (For Backend Engineers),ideally you have experience in C# (.Net core), C++ or Java. It's ok if you don't as long as you are willing to learn!
- You have experience working in a highly user-centric business, in a multidisciplinary team, where you are used to collaborating closely with other engineers as well as product, UX and design, to deliver value to users.
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more…
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.