Engineering Manager I
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2022 summer conference!
Life as an Engineering Manager I at Accurx
At Accurx we highly value creating an environment in which our engineers can thrive and grow. Your primary focus as an Engineering Manager I will be to do this for the engineers you manage, and to work alongside the rest of the Engineering Manager team to improve our engineering organisation as we scale. Engineering Managers at Accurx are primarily people managers; this role is very much a hands-off role, and you will not be involved generally in the day to day delivery of product teams.
As an Engineering Manager I, you’ll be managing between 4 and 8 software engineers across one or more teams and honing your craft as an Engineering Manager, growing and learning from more experienced managers around you.
Your role will focus on key areas:
- Onboarding: You'll support your engineers from the moment they sign their contract, through onboarding them to the company and engineering team, to successfully completing their probation - so they can quickly become effective and productive and happy members of their team.
- Performance and progression: Whilst everyone at Accurx has a performance review every 6 months, we know that progression and feedback happen more frequently than every 6 months! You will regularly hold 1:1s and have goal setting conversations with your direct reports and help give engineers a clear picture of what they need to do to progress in their careers, coaching them and helping them understand where they are performing well, and where their areas of improvement are, and helping find opportunities for them to excel. You’ll develop a deep understanding of our Career Progression Framework (and you'll help us update it where necessary to make sure it meets the needs of all our Engineers and our standards on diversity and inclusion)
- Learning and development: You'll help us ensure that engineers feel challenged, that they can learn both on and off the job effectively and there's a mixture of planned and day to day learning. You’ll help encourage a culture of learning across the engineering team.
- Building great stakeholder relationships: You’ll build solid relationships with other stakeholders across the engineering team including Tech Leads, Product Managers, Clinical Leads, User Researchers, Designers and other Engineering Managers. You’ll understand and be able to communicate and motivate our company mission and vision and the OKRs of the teams that you work alongside.
- Shaping engineering culture: You'll help us take the Accurx values and instil them into everything we do as Engineering leaders. You will be a role model, helping maintain our values across the whole engineering team. You’ll help, alongside other EMs, improve and iterate on our engineering organisation’s health and effectiveness.
- You’ll be involved in projects that will help our engineering organisation scale and grow, for example running internal Hackathons, to improving our career progression framework or running our apprenticeship scheme.
- Interviewing: You’ll play a crucial role in our hiring processes by taking part in interviews but also in scaling our processes so we can continue to attract a diverse talent pool. You'll help us build out a repeatable interview framework to support the hiring of the next 100 engineers into the business.
What the team say ...,
Sareh - Senior Product Engineer
My Engineering Manager led on a detailed update to the Engineering Progression framework, getting feedback from many of us in the organisation, fed that into the process and communicated it clearly and effectively during workshops with all the engineers. This had a positive impact on the wider engineering community here and ensured we are set up well for future growth in the organisation."
Jaf - Senior Product Engineer
"My Engineering Manager has prompted me to think about areas for personal development and what I want out of my job. I’m grateful to get the chance to spend time on this area since I’m not very good at prioritising it. They’ve also answered questions I’ve had, directed me to others when I’ve wanted to give feedback on things like the hiring process"
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You’re at the beginning of your line management journey but ideally will have some experience managing individual contributors in Product / Software Engineering teams
- You care deeply about people and their professional development
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- You obsess over company culture and values and bringing those into everything we do as engineers
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Salary & Benefits package:
- £70,000 - £90,000 salary + the value of £50,750 share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings).
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.